Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Pyrography Skull

Artist Sheila Rayyan from Mother Spoon Studio said: “Here is my favorite skull I've created so far! This is pyrography (wood burning) on a wooden box. It was inspired by Mexican Dia De Los Muertos designs as well as middle eastern henna patterns.”


Prometheus C says:

As this Halloween season wraps up, I thought this piece is a fitting tribute to send us off towards next year. This is absolutely amazing. In the past I have tried “pyrography”, but I was never able to achieve the beautiful and intricate patterns that you are able to achieve with this piece. I never would have thought to look towards henna patterns as inspiration, but now that that you have mentioned it, this is a wonderful connection to make. Thank you for submitting this piece for us to share with our readers.

No comments: