Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Skull-A-Day on Tour: Skulls & Teens

I did three talks to teenagers about skulls this month!



 The first one was at the Virginia Museum of Fine Arts for their Teen Symposium program. I was one of several invited artists asked to speak to about 100 students and art teachers from across the state. In addition to a lecture on the Skull-A-Day project I also led a workshop in which people were asked to do a mini-project on a subject of their choice. I loved all the creativity on display. A few people even chose skulls as their subject matter!...





The other two talks were for the New York Public Library (which included my book Skulls as part of their Stuff for The Teen Age 2009 list). The first was at a branch in the Bronx and the second at one in Manhattan. I enjoyed meeting the young people that came out and seemed to have make an impression on at least one, as evidenced in this doodle that was drawn while I was talking...



I am available to do talks/workshops in other cities, so if you know of a university, museum, or group that would be interested in bringing me out please get in touch.

No comments: