Saturday, September 10, 2011

Super Vintage Skull Saturday

Greetings, skull lovers! Let me be the first to wish you a Happy & Healthy 09/10/11. This may not make sense to those of you who put the day first, but I know we have super smart readers who can figure it out.

These killer old school skulls come from Johann Gosselet. No descriptions were given in the submission email, but these are all so cool that I can't let them be presented with some commentary(especially since I couldn't post them all).


We'll start by celebrating the 100th anniversary for the 1911 recipient of the
"Best Beard In The Cemetery" Award.



This has to be an illustration of a truly epic tale of skulls, love, & WAR!
Maybe "The"Romantic Crusades of the Neurocranium".



We all know that clowns and skulls are both creepy so
this is really making me freak out right now.



A speed freak until the end, Reginald Knievel, would begin a
family tradition that would last for generations.



A sacrifice made in the name of discovery.
A pioneer executed by exploration.



I had to save the best for last, or at least a favorite of most of us male types. Who wouldn't wanna play some strip poker with these ladies? Warning though, they have some SERIOUS poker faces.

Thanks for the retro start to our weekend, Johann. I really enjoy the historic and antique look of your works. They all have such character unique to themselves, but still look wonderful as a collection. These just prove the fact that "Old school rules!"

5 comments:

Killdren said...

Best EVER! Love it

Roger Ramjet said...

These are cool!!

Images By Cano said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Images By Cano said...

I love the Dark Inspiration :)

necrosluzz said...

Where can I buy prints of these? I would really like to buy one for my wall!