Monday, July 19, 2010

Handmade Paper Skull

Kim Schulze from Shreveport, Louisiana send us this handmade paper and paper shreds skull.


People have been making paper from thousands of years. Now, it's readily available and something so common that we take having it for granted. There is something nice about being able to break down something common to make it your own. I've only made my own paper once, with the Girl Scout troop I was in. I remember loving the gooey feeling of the paper pulp made from ground up bits of paper and seeing the end result of my hand made paper. My mom probably still has it. For this skull, I like seeing the texture of the pressed pulp and paper shreds. The shreds give the effect of hair. I know it takes a lot of time and patience to make paper, so I commend you on making a shaped skull with the shredded paper hair.

1 comment:

Chris 'Frog Queen' Davis said...

Very nice. One of my favorites.

Cheers!