Sunday, August 23, 2009

Sunday Simulacra - Version 3.12

As a continuing theme this weekend we shall endeavor more into the skulls of the food world. Bite sized or not, skulls are everywhere, even in your food. Here are the facts:

Brother Mike Banks hailing from Kalamazoo, Mi came upon this alfredo sauce skull after dinner one evening.



Melissa K from Conneticut writes to us: "I am a Skull-a-day fan; I check the site every morning so I can get my day started! A co-worker of mine offered me some “pretzel crisps” this morning and I was delighted to see a couple of skulls looking back at me!!"



And Skull-A-Day friend Phil Cheney found this character on a shopping trip. He adds, "This is candy covered chocolate called "Chocolate SeaShells". It was looking at me from the bulk container at a Wegman's supermarket in Ithaca, NY. If I had my camera in the store I would have just taken the picture there."



Excellent finds by all of you. In fact I better log out now so I can get something to eat. These pics have given me the munchies.

To all of you skull hunters out there, keep sending those pictures in to our submissions address. Just keep in mind that since we only post simulacra once a week it might take a little longer than normal for it to be posted.

No comments: