Monday, May 5, 2008

337. Solar Skull

Sun Print (8in x 8in [20cm x 20cm]). Thanks to my friend Coryndon who gave me this Sunprint kit several months ago (I believe my friend Carra gave me some of this paper later as well). I arranged an assortment of beads (from my friend Mimi) directly on 4 sheets of the light sensitive paper and then exposed it to the sun for a few minutes. I was actually adjusting the beads while it exposed, thus creating the more ghostly appearance. This was definitely one of those educational toys that were popular when I was young, and I remember getting a few of these kits as gifts over the years, though I never did anything this complex with them.

8 comments:

Suzanne Dargie said...

COOL!

j said...

this is SUPER cool!

I wasn't exposed to this as kid!

might have to play with this sometime myself

Couchgirl13 said...

I'd just like to be the first one to congratulate skulladay on winning the people's voice award for a personal website at the webby awards 2008!! WOOT!! And I'm happy to hear that you'll be staying around after the beginning of June. I'll be sure to send in photos of all my skull projects. Oh, never been exposed to this craft before, but I like it. I'll have to look for it here in Canada.

Chris Z. said...

Congrats on the Webby Win!!!!

Debra Kay said...

Oh way too cool....I always wanted some of that paper!

Have you done a pin hole camera skull?

Citizen Agent said...

Tobias C Said:

I have been trying unsuccessfully to be accepted as a member. Thank You Skull master for putting an end to one of them and finally opening a door for me to join their group.

Now has anyone found my glitter and drain pipe tuba?

silvergirl said...

awwww, i love sun prints! this is so tranquil and beautiful... good job.

Jessica at Bwlchyrhyd said...

Nice -- I have always thought for years that sunprints were far too underrated... But, then again, I suppose I'm biased... :)